Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How is it already Wednesday?!

First, update on Paleo week 2. It hasn't been all that great. I've been clearing out more non-Paleo foods than we've been having Paleo. So, I'm going to get back to it today.


Breakfasts:
Mostly non-paleo stuff. Need to get it out of the house.
Larabars
Sweet potatoes & maple apple chicken sausage - my favorite for breakfast

Lunches:
Leftovers

Dinners:
Balsamic Braised Short Ribs with Candied Carrots - surprisingly good!
Old School Italian Meet Sauce with Zoodles
Chinese Hot Plate (chicken & veggies)
Best Ever Chicken Strips (Honey Mustard Sauce) with Sweet & Salty Broccoli Salad
Deconstructed Gyro with salad
Thai Lime Coconut Shrimp with salad

Snacks:
Dried fruits (no sugar added)
Nuts
Fruit
Veggies
Applesauce (no sugar added)

Second, workouts. I'm getting back into the groove. Monday, I did TNT & a 30 min walk/run. Yesterday, I did a 20 minute swim. 10 minutes continuous swim, 30 sec rest, 10 min continuous swim, hot tub. I was supposed to bike, but didn't. The reason? That bike ride is supposed to be an FTP (functional threshold power) test and my legs need to be kind of fresh. And they're not. I may skip that workout all together and just go on to the next workout in my cycling plan. We'll see. Today, I did TNT & skipped my run. I could barely move after TNT (leg heavy day!) and I know I *should* have done it.

Third, we're getting our treadmill TODAY! My pain cave is turning into a true pain cave. I'm so excited. This treadmill communicates with iFit, so I'll be able to put courses into the software & run them on the treadmill! This makes me beyond happy. Another thing that makes me happy is that this treadmill declines. Yay! As much as I hate the "dreadmill", I'm hoping that the ability to have Google maps give me the "view" of where I'm running will help. Also, there are programs that are available to run in different places. I'm excited to do the program for Venice, Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment