Friday, February 28, 2014

Whole 30 - Day 26

This week has been a STRUGGLE. I'll admit it. I can't cook for 1. It's impossible. The longer I'm alone, the less I feel like cooking. I did make 3 dinners & had plenty of leftovers. A few too many actually. Thankfully, Jon's home from his business trip and order can be restored to the household.

Day 26 of Whole30 and I'm about done! In more ways than just numerically. I'll definitely stay with the Paleo way of eating as much as possible after this is done. While I love the way I feel & the way my body's changing, I'm about over the strictness of this. It'd be nice to have a (Paleo) baked good if I want it. It'd also be nice to go out for dinner & indulge without being super crazy strict about "no anything on my food please".

On March 5, I'll reintroduce non-gluten grains. Oatmeal, white rice, and some kind of corn something (tortillas, polenta, or popcorn most likely).  Then it's back to two days of strict Whole 30. On March 8, dairy comes back into play. Sour cream, probably yogurt, and maybe parmesan cheese. Oh and a little bit of gelato after dinner or for an afternoon snack.  Then two more days of strictness. On March 11, it's time for legumes. This is the hardest for me to reintroduce because I don't eat a lot of them anyhow. It'll likely be peanuts, peanut butter, and chickpeas. Two more days of Whole 30 will bring me to the end of the journey.

I've found a new "bar" that I really like - Kit's Organic Bars. They're a Clif Bar & Company product. They're naturally gluten free (always a plus!) and have 4-6 ingredients. There are several that are Whole 30 safe and they've been a great snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment