Sunday, February 16, 2014

Whole 30 - Day 14

I'm on day 14. Almost half way! YAY!Last weeks meals were the following:

Saturday - Pistachio Pesto Chicken Pasta -this was AWESOME!
Sunday - Shepherd's Pie - good
Monday - BBQ Pork Fried Rice - good
Tuesday - Eggplant "Ricotta" Stacks (for lunch, I'm going to try Madras Chicken Salad) with a salad - I really liked these, Jon not so much
Wednesday - Deconstructed Gyro - good, but a bit spicy
Thursday - Crispy Smashed Chicken with Tomato & Basil Salad - good
Friday - Ginger-Lime Grilled Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles Aglio Et Olio - really good!
Saturday - no clue yet

The days didn't stay the same at all. That's ok though. We had leftovers one of the days (which fills in my "no clue yet" day). I was also supposed to have gone through these things: 

Day 8-9: For the love of Gosling, my pants are TIGHTER.
Days 10-11: The Hardest Days
Days 12-15: Boundless energy! Now give me a damn Twinkie.

Um, I didn't. That's fine though. I'm ready for "tiger blood" for sure. I'm really hoping that one happens. The workouts I am doing, I'm struggling through. I've been seriously slacking on my training because of the energy suck. Given the half marathon exactly a month from today, that's not a good thing! This week's goal is to do SOMETHING every day.

Week 3's meals will be the following (in no order, because it changes once we actually do them anyhow):

Skillet Chicken Divan
Rosemary-Lemon Spaghetti Squash
Burgers with Awesome Sauce & Sweet Potato Fries (because sometimes you just need a burger & fries!)
The Best Pork Chops Ever with Mashed Cauliflower and Asparagus
Smashed Steak Skewers and Cherry BBQ Sauce with Sweet & Salty Broccoli Salad

For lunches:
Madras Chicken Salad
Chicken Nuggets (Maybe. These are technically Whole30 ok, but they're kind of on a "fine line" because non-paleo versions are "junk food".)

These meals will get us Sunday - Thursday. I'll probably be meal planning for Friday & Saturday later this week. I have Week 4's meal plan started, so maybe I'll just take a couple of meals from there & put them into this week. Week 4, I'll be home alone for most of the week, so I'll have plenty of leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment