Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My "new" training plan

This past season has been pretty lazy as far as training has gone. So, I'm now on the "Oops, I forgot to train all season and now need to re-establish my base fitness" training plan.

Today, that means I had a bike and run to do. 

I'm loving TrainerRoad and have reinstated my subscription (and just went ahead and paid for the year!). I'm using one of their base training plans to get myself moving again on my bike... well, as much as you can "move" on your trainer. My workout today was Gayley.


4x8 minutes at FTP. Crazy hard! Got it done though. I even decided to wear a heart rate monitor to track that progress too. 

We did our 30 minute run a few hours after my bike ride. This run went by so much faster than some of the other 30 minute runs! The weather was beautiful and the company (my husband) was wonderful. My watch is new & told me that I set a new mile record: 11:33/mile. Gotta love a watch without your full running history! 

Back to two-a-days! I have to say, it feels good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment