Monday, October 7, 2013

Month of Gluten Free/Grain Free & Yesterday's Run

The 9th will officially be my 1 month date of being gluten free & mostly grain free. I've had white rice twice, brown rice once, brown rice pasta twice, corn once (on accident), and corn tortilla chips (gluten free) once. I've learned that corn & brown rice DO NOT do good things. I seem to be ok with white rice, brown rice pasta, and gf tortilla chips.  I'm looking forward to trying oatmeal again to see how it goes.

I've noticed I've been sleeping better, don't feel as bloated, and am not having GI issues like I was before I started all of this. I'm going to continue gluten free eating until my next blood test in November to see if it's helping my thyroid numbers at all. 

Yesterday's run... oh goodness. We set out to do a 9.5 mile run around 3:30pm. We had a heat wave come through and we were back in the 90s this weekend. Totally didn't take that fully into account. On top of it, I wasn't fully hydrated. UGH! The run was going great until about mile 5.5, when everything went suddenly downhill. Fast. By mile 6.5, if I was running, I wasn't feeling good. I relearned the lesson of hydrating for 90 degree weather. Sigh. I had water, Island Boost, and a Salt Stick. Nothing was helping. So, we walked the last 3 miles. Sometimes, you just have to know when to call it. Here's to this week's runs going better!

No comments:

Post a Comment