Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Holy Shoulder!

Today, I had a massage. This is not an abnormal thing for me... but this one was. My right shoulder has been bothering me for years now. Seriously... years. Anyhow, it's been getting worse the past couple of weeks, and nothing I do makes it better. So, during today's massage, I mentioned that it's getting worse.

K (masseuse): How's the pressure?
Me: It's good, but you know, just do whatever you need to to get that knot out. I'm tired of it.
K: Ok...
K: (stands on tiptoes with thumb in my knot): Tell me if it's too much... actually don't, you asked for this!
Me: Just do whatever you have to. Seriously.
K: Why isn't this thing breaking up? (beats my shoulder into oblivion)
K: Finally... I mean, I usually do deep work on your shoulders, but never this deep. That was not budging!
Me: Heat or ice tonight?
K: Definitely ice with Biofreeze.
Me: This is crazy, I can feel that there's actually blood flow to the area.
K: Is there normally not?
Me: Apparently not.

Yea... sooooooo, my shoulder hurts like crazy now. It'll be good for it, but man did he manage to do some work to it.  So, ice and biofreeze it is for the night.

No wonder it hurt so badly to lift & swim...

2 comments:

  1. Hope it works. Biofreeze is the best!!! I can still remember the bruising and pain when my chiropractor did that scraping thing to get my scar tissue out of my shoulder. Just had a touch up last week. Sometimes pain is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how the scraping was holding up. It seems like it's doing ok right now... it definitely hurt last night and this morning. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete