Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Accomplishments

Today was weigh-in/body fat day. I'm up another 4 lbs from 6 weeks ago to 148. UGH. The good news is that my body fat is about the same at 18.4%. My training for tri season starts up again VERY soon, so hopefully that'll help with the weight some.

I get my blood tested again towards the end of February, so we'll see what my TSH levels are doing. I'm worried that this whole thyroid thing is messing with my weight.

On to the accomplishments...

Today's workout was HARD. After the ab workout, the first thing we did was a body hanging hold. What this entailed was hanging from a chin-up bar with bent arms for as long as I could. I had 4 sets. I have no idea how long the first hold was, but I do know my second was about 12 seconds and the first was longer. This is HUGE for me. These things are super hard and I wasn't expecting much at all. My trainer let me know that my first one was definitely longer than my husband's. (He does class right before me.)

Later in the workout, we did negative pushups. Feet higher than the rest of the body. These are also super hard. My trainer wanted us to do a slow descent and "collapse" at the bottom if we couldn't do the pushups. Well, me being me had to try the actual pushups. I did 7 before I had to "collapse" on the 8th. I got in 2 more on the first set. For perspective, the guy in my class with me couldn't do a single pushup. He barely could do the collapse thing. To the point where it was almost funny.

It was a tough workout, and I am so proud of the accomplishments I had today.

Now, to get my cardio back in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment