Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 1 of the 14 week challenge

As a reminder, I've been doing this challenge this week:

Week 1: Two fruits and/or vegetables per meal – Eat a minimum of two different fruits or vegetables (preferably organic) with every breakfast, lunch, and dinner meal.

It's actually be a super easy change. I will say, I've been less hungry as the week's progressed. Also, the fruits & veggies are helping to regulate certain things. That's been good!

All week, I've also been doing week 2 without really thinking about it. Since Jon's been on travel, I haven't gone out to eat (which is usually when I'd have diet soda). This morning, I had some juice with breakfast. It was awful! It was also a "light" version of a juice.

Week 2: “Real” beverages – Beverages will be limited to coffee, tea, water, and milk (only naturally sweetened with a little honey or 100% pure maple syrup). One cup of juice will be allowed throughout the week, and wine (preferably red) will be allowed in moderation (an average of one drink per day).

I think I'll definitely have some tea next week!


I went for a run today. It was supposed to be a 5 mile run, but it turned into a 3 mile run. It was awful. My left Achilles was bothering me, which it hasn't been lately, so I'm not sure what's going on. I ended up walking a bit more than I would've liked. UGH! So, the run sucked. It is what it is... moving on!

2 comments:

  1. 2 fruits and veggies sounds like so much to me but it is what I should do. I can't imagine how full I would be adding an apple and a banana to my breakfast. Maybe I will try it sometime. I am glad you are posting about this. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like a lot! I will say that for some meals it was a little more challenging than others. It's been a great adjustment though!

    ReplyDelete