Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Post Surgery Check Up

Yesterday, I went to my post-op check up with my surgeon. Here are the basics:

1) Adenomyosis was confirmed by the pathology report.
2) Endometriosis was also found at the bottom of my uterus.
3) They found 2 polyps in my uterus.

Overall, I'm healing well & just have to wait a total of 8 weeks to have sex again. Also, I need to have yearly ultrasounds of my ovaries done to make sure nothing's going on with them. I have dissolvable stitches, so no going back to have them taken out (YAY!).

I'm definitely feeling better and moving around more. I'm not quite doing everything I was, but getting closer ever day. I went back to work yesterday. Here's to hoping that the rest of recovery goes well!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you are healing well. It sounds like the surgery was the absolute right call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was definitely the right call. Every day that goes by, I feel better & I'm not having any of the issues I was. It's amazing how the right diagnosis & treatment plan helps! :)

      Delete