Thursday, May 26, 2016

Post Surgery and Moving Forward

One week ago, I had my hysterectomy. It went well and endometriosis was also found. I was able to keep both ovaries, which is great. I'll know more after my 2 week post op follow-up.

I'm not sure why more doctors don't do the DualPort procedure. When I woke up, they asked me about pain & really I just felt pressure. No real pain. Overall, my recovery has been pretty easy. I had an uncomfortable reaction to one of the antibiotics - mostly a bad taste in my mouth and nausea. I've been doing everything I was told to do on my discharge paperwork, so that's been helpful. I didn't really have any gas pains from the surgery, which was great.

I haven't had too much brain fog recently, which is nice. Apparently almost every single one of the symptoms of hypothyroid that I was having is also a symptom of adenomyosis. It will be interesting to see how things play out in the next few months.

The day before my surgery, my husband decided he wanted to do Weight Watchers again. I offered to do it with him (knowing I'd be spending the first bit recovering). We needed something to get us started on losing weight. I've lost 5 lbs this week, but a lot of that is from recovery. We'll see how that goes moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that the surgery went well and you are recovering smoothly. I hope that continues to be the case and I will keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete