Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Getting back in the saddle

I just completed day 9 of my DoYouYoga online class. I have to say, I'm impressed with myself for making it this far! Usually, by day 5 or so, I start to get bored/lose interest and stop doing online classes. The whole no real accountability thing. I have a friend who has been checking in on me, so that helps.

Yesterday, I added walking (beyond walking the dog... I'm making myself use the treadmill for this walking - for now) to the workout schedule. Just 30 minutes a day at first. It's amazing how much fitness I really have lost. My walk yesterday was an 18 minute mile. Yikes! But, I hadn't really been working out a lot before the surgery & then had surgery, so it is what it is - and it'll improve!

I've got a meal plan for this week & need to stick to it. Jon decided to go out last night - but we're cooking the rest of the week. This week's PlateJoy recipes were gold, so we're looking forward to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment