Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Beginnings & New Goals

After 8 yrs with my TNT training group (not Team in Training, but TNT Fitness), I've decided to branch out and do my "own thing". Jon will also be leaving TNT, after 3 years with them. We're going to start training with the TRX. We're both really looking forward to it!

At first, we'll be following a couple of their programs to get us started & really learning how to use the TRX properly. If I can find a class to become certified on them, I may do that at some point. It'll be a great change from what we've been doing.

Part of my 2015 goals is to get back to my 2011 weight & health. Another goal is to get faster. I've got 2 half marathons scheduled for next year, but that's the only "long distance" racing I'll be doing. Everything else will be 5/10k. I *might* throw in a 10 miler, but maybe not. We'll see how I'm feeling about it. I REALLY want to break 27 minutes on my 5k. I have a lot of work to do on that, so for now, it'll just be a good bit of speed work & shorter focused running.

In addition to the running, I'll still be biking. I'll probably do a couple of sprint tris, so I'll throw in some swimming from time to time as well.

Soon, I'll be writing a list of my goals (instead of just a spewing of the mind).

In other news, we went to the Marine Corps Marathon today to watch my lil bro run. He's done an amazing job over the last 5 years of improving his time. Today, he ran a 2:51 marathon. Speedy lil dude!


2 comments:

  1. OMG, a 2:51???? Tell your brother he is awesome!

    Good luck to you and Jon on your new training teams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll pass on the message. He's so speedy! He really does work hard for it.

      Thank you! So far, we're doing really well with our TRX workouts. They're hard, but great!

      Delete