Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 1 down!

Last Monday, I went gluten & grain free. I won't lie, it's been hard. BUT, it's getting easier. The hardest part for me has been breakfast. This wouldn't be *that* hard if I wasn't grain free. Add to that our "real food" eating, and it really narrows your choices. Oh and, I don't eat eggs because of some silly textural issues I have. So, breakfast has been things like roasted sweet potatoes & chicken apple sausage.


I'm not sure if you can read that, but changing to a GF/GF diet has kind of been like grieving. I haven't "cheated" (at least knowingly). I feel like I really need to give my body time to heal & figure itself out. 

Last week, we went to Bonefish Grill, Red Robin, Chipotle, and Matchbox (in DC). I have to say that Bonefish Grill & Red Robin were by far the best dining experiences. Matchbox, not so much. Thanks for offering me about 5 salads. As if I haven't been eating them all week. Sigh. Chipotle was good, as usual. Since I never get the tortillas, I didn't have to change anything about my order (though, I did have to get a salad instead of a bowl because of the grain free thing right now). I could've asked them to change their gloves, but I didn't want to be a PITA and since it's not a true allergy, eh. 

In other news, I've been sleeping a little better. That's a VERY good thing. I've also lost 2 lbs & 2 inches in a week. Which is better than gaining 2 lbs in a week (which seemed to be happening with the hypothyroid thing). 

This week, I'm focusing on trying to find breakfast alternatives. Any go-to breakfasts that don't include grains & glutens (and eggs as a main dish)?

(In a triathlon related note: I ran a 5k on Saturday - race report soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment