Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Goals for 2013

I recently updated my side menu bar to include my goals for 2013. The ones on there are my "sane" goals.

1) Incorporate yoga & foam rolling into my routine.
2) Track food/calories.
3) Drop back to 130 lbs.
4) Eat healthier for the new medical issues. (Potentially going gluten free, but that's another post.)
5) Take an hour off my 70.3 times (Target time = 6.5 hrs).
6) Get more personal training clients.

Again, all sane things... and things that can be done - within reason. Yes, they'll all take work. They'll all take focus. But, they're "sane".

Now, onto my "doable" but not quite "sane" goals.

1) Run a half marathon in under 2 hrs. I don't care if it's 1:59:59. I just want it under 2 hrs. To date, my "fastest" half marathon was 2:38:xx. Not very fast at all.
2) Run a 5k in under 27 minutes.
3) Complete the bike portion of the 70.3 in under 3:30:00.
4) Completing two 70.3 distance races in one year.

(Can you see where all of my "doable" goals are going?)

And then, there's the "crazy" goals. So far, there's really only one.

1) To swim 100 100s between Christmas 2013 and New Years 2014... in one day... in one swim session. That's a 10k in the pool. Or 6.2 miles. Of swimming. In. A. Pool. Yup, I've lost it.

Maybe there will be other goals. I don't know. I'm hoping to at least do the first 6. The other 5 will be goals to strive for. If they get done, fantastic. If not, I'll keep working on them until they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment