Friday, August 10, 2012

YIKES!

Have 9 more days really passed?! Crap. The count down to Half Rev3 Maine is getting ever so close. 15 days. Where did this past year go? How did it get here so quickly?!

That all being said...

1) I haven't weighed myself since Aug 1. At this point, it's actually kind of nice to not be thinking about it.

2) Workouts have been, eh. I went to swim both days this week and I'm really glad I have. We've got LONG swim workouts these days. Yesterday, I swam 2300 yards in about 54 minutes. There were a couple of rest breaks in there that I really didn't need, but everyone else in my lane was taking, so I took.

3) I had a 10 mile run scheduled for this morning, until nasty amounts of rain and thunderstorms derailed those plans. I'll try to get it in this weekend instead. I'm more bummed because I was supposed to meet a friend to do it with me.

4) We've got a 50 mile bike ride planned for tomorrow. I'm hoping it's not pouring down rain for that one. If so, I'm putting my bike on the trainer and watching a couple of movies or something.

5) The bike goes back to the shop next week to get a tune up, pre-race. Need to figure out how to get my other set of wheels (off my roadie) to ME. Really, I just need a case for them so they're not hanging out in the car. We'll see.

6) I'm progressing with my studies pretty well. 5 more chapters and then restudying the stuff I've gotten wrong on the quizzes, watching the review videos, and all of that kind of stuff begins. I'm aiming to take the certification exam mid-September. I bought a couple of apps, one for the muscles and one for the skeleton to help me learn both of those. They'll be good for the car ride to/from ME since Jon's not much of a talker in the car while he's driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment