Monday, March 21, 2016

Small Update about the Mass/Cyst

There's not a whole lot more information I have about the mass/cyst in my ovary. It's still bothering me (which never happened until the ultrasound), so I'm looking forward to more information about it and hopefully getting it removed.

I had an MRI last week and was hoping to hear the results before the weekend. My doctor wasn't able to get to them before she left for vacation. Her office says she'll be working on her inbox this week and they may call with results/to schedule an appointment this week.

So, for now, more waiting.

Since we're waiting and waiting and waiting, I decided it's time to get back to eating at home more often. We'd gotten into a bad habit of going out when I just don't want to cook. I have to get over that feeling! We subscribed to PlateJoy, kind of like eMeals, but better. PlateJoy allows you to put in likes/dislikes, allergens, things you want to avoid in recipes, how many of each type of meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) you want, etc. Also, in the first couple of weeks, both the owner & my personal chef contacted me via email. So far, we've liked everything we've made from PlateJoy. (Side note: if you want a free 10 day trial, let me know & I can send you information on it. Not sure how their trials work since I found them & subscribed on my own.)

We figure we'll plan out the week using the PlateJoy meals as Whole 30 meals (that's how I have my PJ account set up) and then everything else will be either Paleo or gluten free. It gives us some flexibility to have non-W30 meals, while keeping the majority of our diet in line with W30. I'm not claiming we're doing a W30, by any means, but we needed to clean it up, so that's what we're doing.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope the Dr contacts you soon.
    That plate joy sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind learning more about it and possibly trying a 10 day trial. Do you know how much the trial pack cost and how many meals you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trial is free (for 10 days). Here's the link for it: http://platejoy.com/r/HEATA65

      Not sure about how many meals - but if it's like the actual subscription, you can choose how many recipes for each meal you want. I currently get enough for 4 breakfasts (2 recipes - 2 times a week), 4 lunches (2 recipes - 2 times a week), and 4 dinners (3 recipes - 1 gets repeated/you have leftovers the next day) for 2 people. Let me know if you try it and what you think!

      Delete
    2. (Also, you may have to copy the link for the trial - not sure if it'll link to it in the comments section.)

      Delete