Thursday, March 31, 2016

Ahhh, the Mass/Cyst

Since my GYN was on vacation last week, I tried not to think about everything too much. That being said, I gave the office some time on Monday and called mid-day. I heard back from the doctor around 4pm and she said the radiology report says there was NOTHING found.

I should be happy about this. Except...

Saturday, while we were in Luray, I had a really bad pain episode. Probably the worst I've had since June 2015. My husband "threatened" to take me to the ER. I probably should've let him. Anyhow, during the episode (which lasted the better part of an hour), I had to stop walking several times to breathe through the pain.

When I told my doctor about this, she asked if I took anything for the pain. I hadn't. Mostly because I didn't have anything with me, but also because I really hate taking medication for the sake of taking medication. Yes, I know it can help. I find that pain medication doesn't help all that much for this particular problem. By the time the medication gets into my system, the pain has naturally died down anyhow.

My doctor was quick to dismiss the pain episode and wants me to see my primary care to rule out GI issues.

I'd like a second opinion about the mass/cyst.

So, that's what I'm going to do - get a second opinion. If the second opinion also thinks I should rule out GI issues, then I will.

More waiting and testing to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment