Wednesday, December 25, 2013

70.3 Training Begins!

June 15, 2014 is coming faster than I'd like it to. I started my 70.3 base training... well, really just working out again... this week. This year, I'm going to try this without a coach. I'm putting 3 plans that I like the most together (swim, bike, run plans) and going to give them a go.

I'm not saying I know more than a coach, it's just that I wasn't following the most recent team's training plans, so it's not really worth me paying them a monthly fee for the plan.

Monday - I did a Galloway 30 min session on the treadmill. Ran a minute, walked a minute. Walks were at 15 min/mile pace and the first couple of runs at 10 min/mile, then moved to 9:40 min/mile, did the last one at 9:30 min/mile. Did about 2.8 miles.

I also updated my training plan for the 70.3. I wasn't really happy with the one I had originally put together, so I changed it. My new training plan starts in the beginning of March.

Tuesday - I swam for 20 minutes. I did two 100s and then switched to 50s. I got 700m in, not too bad for not having swam in a while. My 50s were anywhere from 57 sec - 1:01 per 50. Not terribly far off from when I was swimming consistently. Definitely room for improvement. Hopefully the plan I have in place will get me there!

Today - Yes, it's Christmas Day. Yes, I have 2 workouts planned. It's "just" J & I today (along with the furbabies), so I can do an hour of cardio without missing too much of anything. I have a 30 min run (Galloway) and a 30 min bike. Since they gym's closed today, the run will have to be outside. I'll do the bike ride on my bike (on the trainer in the house).

Update: I slacked & didn't workout today. Decided to chill & watch movies instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment