Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Half Marathon Training

Ever since Rev3 Maine last August, I've been really struggling to get my training back on course. I know, it should've been easy. Well, it wasn't. I didn't. I've lost a LOT of fitness because of it.

Jon & I decided we were both going to do the Space Coast Half Marathon. Well, I decided to do it. Jon decided that since he'd be there & be getting up super early, he might as well do it too. Plus, the race has to do with space... and Jon's an aviation nut. So, he'd want my medal and I told him he couldn't have it. He had to earn his own. (Nice of me, hu?)

Since neither one of us trained for the Disney half in January, we decided we'd both follow the Galloway half marathon training plan for this race. So, I took the time to match up the runs with our dates and made up our training plan.

We started our runs last week and have been doing them together so far. I've been really enjoying the runs. Since Jon started running, we've only run together a couple of times and neither of us really enjoyed it.

Week 1: 2 - 30 min run, 3 mi long run
Week 2: 2 - 30 min run, 2 mi long run (gotta love the beginning of a 20 week training plan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment