Thursday, April 18, 2013

Randomness

I've been a horrible triathlete this season. I haven't been doing my training. It's going to come back to kick me in the butt. I'm considering dropping down to the olympic/international distance at Williamsburg. Alternatively, I need to kick my training into high gear and get actually prepped for the race. Either way, something needs to happen.

I'm learning the TRX suspension training. It's crazy hard! I can't use it with clients until I can show them what to do, so I have to get moving with that.

In other news, I finally got most of my seeds planted and out on the deck. Hopefully none of my neighbors complain... Reminder for next year, get the smaller bags of soil! Goodness the 64 qt bags are HEAVY! So far, I have tomatoes, onions, carrots, lettuce, cilantro, and chives. The potato tubers are on their way to being ready to plant. Sweet potatoes & garlic come later in the season. The strawberries in the window sill are finally starting to sprout. Yay!

The deck garden as of 4/18/13

2 comments:

  1. I really liked when we used the TRX trainer in boot camp. She has enough that you can check the out to try at home but I haven't done that. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so different than what I normally do, but it's good. I liked it. I'll just keep at it until I learn enough that I can teach my clients. :)

    That's pretty cool that you all can check them out if you want. For an indoor home "gym" option, it's not horribly expensive, but it's more than I would've spent for something if I weren't a trainer!

    ReplyDelete