Sunday, January 3, 2016

What's in store for 2016?

2015 was a bittersweet year. We traveled to 5 countries (Singapore, Switzerland, Germany, France, and Netherlands), 9 states (MI, TX, NC, SC, FL, MA, NY, OH, and CO), sold our house (YAY!), moved into our apartment, sold the travel trailer, bought our motorhome, and attended 4 funerals - including both of my remaining grandmas. Like I said, bittersweet.

I finished Rising Strong just before the new year (I started it in September). I also watched the Scott C Jones Ted Talk about F*** It Lists recently. I think I'll write a post on Rising Strong soon.

We celebrated NYE with dear friends of ours at a campground in SC. It was a great way to celebrate new friendships and passing into a new year.

So, what's in store for 2016?

  • Practice the Rising Strong lessons learned. 
  • Work on my F*** It List.
  • Set 2-3 goals and work towards them - both personally and professionally.
  • Read Art of Possibility and put lessons learned into action.
  • Read Year of Yes and put lessons learned into action.
  • Work on my overall health, to include getting back to more of a Paleo eating style. 
  • Use the Passion Planner and get a bit more organized!

Notice something missing?

I'm not setting any specific race goals or workout goals. At all. It's a conscious decision. The past couple of years have been rough on my health; this thyroid thing has turned my world upside down.


(Note: I'm not affiliated with Amazon.com or YouTube, they're just where I've consumed these books/videos.)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some good reads planned.
    I hope you have a fabulous 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying Year of Yes a good bit! It's part of a book club I'm in. Loving the discussion to go with it. Art of Possibility isn't as good as I wanted it to be, but I'm still working through it.

      I have a couple of more books I'm going to add to the list as the year progresses, but those are the January/February reads.

      Rising Strong was a tough read - it really requires you to do some reflection and work. Totally worth the read though!

      Hope you all have a great 2016 as well!

      Delete