Thursday, July 30, 2015

Greatest 4th in the North 5k, Michigan

We recently took a trip to Michigan to visit with my grandma. We were there over July 4th and it seems that many towns across the USA have races on the 4th. There was one in a nearby town, so a bunch of the family decided to do either the fun run, 5k, or 10k. We had several people in our group that placed in the age groups - or even won the races the entered. Grandma was so happy to be able to see so many of her grandkids race.

I started out wearing my Fellow Flowers long sleeve shirt. Just after half way, I decided I was hot, so I took off the jacket & rocked out my Team Tough Chik jersey. I also decided I would wait for Jon since he wasn't too far behind me. I underestimated how far behind me he was. Ah well. It was nice to run in to the finish with him. Considering it was our first run since December, I was pleased with how it went.

Pre-race
Pre-race
Pre-race
A small group of those of us who raced 
A few of the "fun run" finishers (my nephew did NOT think it was "fun")
My 2nd cousin, who won the 10k
YAY! Finished!
Jon & I after the race
My lil brother got 1st in his age group - 4th overall - for the 10k

No comments:

Post a Comment