Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Paleo Journey

Since we've been trying to sell our townhouse, our eating has been horrible. I'm not even going to say it's been ok; it's been flat out horrible. I take responsibility for that. I've been having a rough time knowing if it's "ok" to cook in the house because you're not supposed to have lingering food smells when you show the house. Hard to cook dinner when some showings are between 6-7pm.

That being said, something HAS to change. We've been talking about getting back on the Paleo wagon, even with showings. People are going to have to realize other people live in houses... even ones that are for sale.

This weekend, we were in a Barnes & Noble. It's amazing how being in a college town changes whether or not there's a book store around. I picked up three new Paleo cookbooks (like I needed them!).

Real Life Paleo

Whole 30 Cookbook

21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook

(I'm not Amazon affiliated, just sharing the links)

The Real Like Paleo book really caught my eye. It's about making changes and adapting to the lifestyle one step at a time. I like that style of making changes, so we'll see if it helps!

The W30 cookbook just recently came out. I've been curious about it & with the chance to flip through it before I bought it, it seems like it'll be a good reference for when we decide to do another strict W30.

I have a friend who has the 21 Day Sugar Detox books and she loves them, so I figured it'd be a good addition to my library.

There are days I wish we didn't live in an area that was so easy to say "screw it" and go out. I feel like we may have stuck with the Paleo lifestyle a little more if that was the case. I've been on/off Paleo for a couple of years now. I KNOW it works. I don't know why I resist it so much.

We have a big anniversary coming up in November of this year. I'd like to be closer to my goal weight & health by then. I've got all of the resources. Just need to DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment