Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Verdict

And the verdict is:

Adenomyosis.

The only known treatment:

Hysterectomy. 

The most asked question by loved ones and friends:

How are you doing with this?

The answer for now:

Ok. I've had a week to process that it was a possibility and I had my ugly and angry cry. I suspect I will again.

The follow-up that no one should ever say to me again:

It's a good thing you all didn't want to have kids; it makes it easier.

No. No, it does not. It's a loss of choice. It's final. It's decided for me. You don't get to say that to me when you still have your choice.

Surgery is scheduled for May 19. Until then, I'm working on eating right, getting those workouts for the daily challenge in, and just focusing on my overall health. Do what I can, because I get to.

2 comments: