Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Luray Sprint & International Triathlons... better known as a 4 mile run

So, this past weekend, I was supposed to do the Luray Double. International tri on Saturday and Sprint tri on Sunday. Except, I didn't. We've had a pretty busy couple of weeks and I decided that I just wanted some down time.

So, we went to Luray, I picked up my race packets (cause well, I did pay for them) and I skipped the races. I didn't even bring my bike to maybe do the races.

We camped at the Luray KOA - which was AWESOME. We'll be back there for sure. Surrounding the KOA are fields... lots of cow fields... and rolling hills. Perfect for our 4 mile training run. So, Jon & I did our run on Saturday morning in the rolling farmland of the Shenandoah. It was beautiful. I loved every second. Took an Island Boost just before the run and it was perfect. Too bad the next run won't be as pretty!

Pretty!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you took that mental break and got your super pretty 4 mile run in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just need to know when to ditch your plans and do something else! Much needed and much enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete