Sunday, August 14, 2016

A month later

Somehow, it's been a month since I posted. I haven't been doing my runs. No beating around the bush about it.

On our trip to Alaska, I did the 5.5 mile hike on the trip & a snorkel excursion for about an hour of water time. The hike was a bit rough on my body & I was exhausted when we got back. The surgeon said I may get more easily fatigued for a while, so I was kind of expecting it.



At lunch. I'd eat here every day if I could.

The leaves were HUGE!

Tongass National Forest hiking!
I'm beyond glad that we canceled our 2nd hiking excursion in Juneau (the day after the one in Skagway). I don't know that I would've been up to it.

The snorkeling in Ketchikan, I'd do it again in a heart beat. It was so good to put on a wetsuit and be in the open water again. I had a bit of my "normal" panic set in about being in the open water to swim, but once I calmed down, it was all good.










Next up is to figure out a realistic workout plan since I've obviously been not doing the run workouts as I scheduled. Especially with the heat in the mid-atlantic right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment