Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WDW Tower of Terror Expo - October 3, 2014

We got down to WDW on Oct 2 - plenty of time leading up to race day. The race expo opened up on Friday, so we headed over there as soon as it opened. Since we were meeting a couple of people, we waited for them before we went in to get our bibs.

Me with the 5k banner
Nadia & I with the 10 miler banner
I had to get my bib for both races (and somehow ended up in corral A for the 5k - still mind blown!), so it took a few minutes to get that done. The 5k lines were pretty short, but the 10 miler lines were somewhat larger.

This was the last runDisney race that people were allowed to pick up race bibs for other people. I saw at least 3 people who had the waiver of the other person, but not the "other" piece of paper. I think it was a release form or something similar to allow someone else to pick up their bib. That alone was causing some issues because those people were holding up lines trying to get more information about what they were missing.

Anyhow, after picking up our bibs, we meandered over to the actual expo - you know - the part where they sell way too much stuff. We picked up our shirts, bought a few things, and eventually left. About an hour after we were originally thinking we would. Oops.

Race shirts & "hidden" bibs for both races
I discovered both SparkleSkirts & RunningSkirts on this trip. I have to say, after wearing a few (new) skirts around the parks over the days after the races, I like them both for very different reasons.

I really like that SparkleSkirts has the pockets on the shorts, under the skirts. The one thing I was having "issue" with is that the pocket on top of the skirt seems like it should go in the back, but the tag for the skirt is on the opposite side of the skirt, making it seem like that's the back. I love the idea that the zipper goes in front (and that's what all of their pictures show, so I'm assuming that's right).

I like the RunningSkirts fit a little better (though SS has an awesome "hiker" fit that's perfect!) for every day wear. Can you tell I don't usually run in running skirts?! These did really well in the parks & were super cute.

After the expo, I changed from shorts to one of my new skirts & we headed to the parks for a couple of hours. We had dinner at Boatwrights at Port Orleans. It was really good! I'm glad we finally ate here. Up next, the 5k!

2 comments:

  1. I want to see pics of your skirts! As you know, I am a huge fan of runningskirts. I absolutely love the pockets in the front of them. I had SO much stuff packed in there during TOT ( including my phone) and it didn't bother me one bit. I am not all that familiar with sparkle skirts but I am surprised that they have zippers in them. How does that work out? -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take some pictures (and see if I can find any from the trip) and post them. The zippers on the sparkle skirts are good. They're where a water belt or something like that would go & has the built in pocket there. You can see it really well on this one: http://sparkleskirts.com/collections/sparkletech-fancy/products/jasmine

    ReplyDelete